Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Victory!

As predicted, the anthropology grad students defeated the sociologists at kickball. I believe the final score was 35-22, but it was only that close because we gave them some players in the 6th inning. Even though I would suggest that we significantly out-nerd them, it seems that we hide it better. They were very good sports, though, and hopefully it will become an annual event. 
Here is some of the crew celebrating.


Evie came along for the ride so Chris could get some stuff done around the house. She had a very nice time, although the rambunctious-ness of the thirty-or-so anthro kids was a bit of a surprise at first. She met a dog, Percy, which she found VERY exciting. She also crawled around on the grass for a while... here she is with her new friend Ilona. I'm glad that we went because it was such a beautiful day to be outside, unlike today. I think in my last blog, I said that winter would roll around and I would laugh at enjoying the sight of snow... well today isn't close to winter, but I am already feeling less enthusiastic. Today in New York's lovely Capital Region, slush (big gobs of slush) fell from the sky. Just when I thought that the world's second-largest continuous expanse of concrete couldn't get any grayer...

Seven days until election day (and Mom's birthday)! YAY! 

~Jaime

No comments: