It snowed today in the Berkshires when I was driving to Albany. I was very excited. I look forward to seeing this blog in a couple of months, after a few more snowy commutes through the Berkshires, and laughing sarcastically.
It was (predictably) freezing on my walk to my office once I got to Albany. I was less-than excited to get there today, as I had to spend the majority of my office hours today making a case against three students who cheated on my midterm last week. This is the first time in three years that I have had to deal with this... occasionally someone writes a paper with chunks straight off of Wikipedia, but this is the first time I have had students sit in a room and cheat while the professor and I stood there watching. The worst part is that they didn't really even attempt to cover it up-- it was completely obvious. I can't imagine being 18 years old and two months deep in college, and having to call your parents to tell them you are going to either be suspended or expelled.
I will be traveling to Albany again this Sunday for a much more pleasant reason... the graduate students from the Sociology department have (foolishly) challenged the anthropologists to an interdepartmental kick-ball game. I predict that we will beat them in embarrassing fashion, and I am really looking forward to spending an afternoon with my friends. Between me taking the spring semester off and many of them traveling to exotic places for field work this summer, it has been many months since I have been able to get together with this many of them all at once. It should be fun. (The fact that there is no possible way we will lose doesn't hurt.)
Other exciting news... Evie's second tooth has popped through. Soon she will have two bottom teeth in that big cute smile :) She has also just learned how to blow raspberries which is cute, if a little messy.
~Jaime
No comments:
Post a Comment