As a way of celebrating, I thought I would share some interesting facts I just learned from their last round of papers and exams:
* "The Nile is better known for its unusual flow pattern. It flows upstream rather than downstream like most of the rivers of the world."
* The Chinese government will not fund the excavation of Qin, the country's first emperor from +/- 200 BC (this is true) "because he was a brutal communist."
* The famous amateur "archaeologist" who insists that the Sphinx was built not in the Old Kingdom of Egypt but in 10,000 BC by Atlanteans, is none other than Adam West.
* "Never trust anyone in a pith helmet."
I guess I will now add some random pictures, since that seems to be everybody's favorite thing...

This is Evie Clare and her Great-Grandpy Clarence, taken this summer in "Wistah."
This is Evie in her stroller looking very serious. She has green eyes in this picture. We noticed today that they have turned lightish- brown, and look very much like those of her big sister Athena and her cousin Finn (and probably Mae).
Here she is again, teeny-tiny, and helping Chris with a crossword. It looks like the Sunday Globe, so I am sure he needed all the help he could get ;)
This is one of my favorite pictures, and with all of the Red Sox hot stove we've been following, I thought it would be appropriate. Evie is not particularly interested in Mark Teixeira (or Scott Boras, for that matter).
Merry Christmas everybody! (And Festivus, of course, Billy & Jean!)
~Jaime
3 comments:
PLEASE tell me these are NOT college students! They are, tho, aren't they?
Cheers, Jennie
They are mostly freshmen, so I am hoping that the silly answers are based more in lack of preparation and assault on their brain cells than actual dim-ness. Honestly, though, I can laugh at this... the rampant apathy isn't so funny.
~J
Also, the one about Emperor Qin was about the excavation of his TOMB, not HIM, although those things are kind of one in the same...
Post a Comment